Monday, January 6, 2014

Pacifier Clip


I found this idea when looking through Pintrest. Since it was from an Etsy Store, Baby Boutique Gallery and not a blog or with instructions, I had to figure it out myself. This turns into a toddler bracelet, necklace, and hair clip with a pacifier is no longer needed or used.


Supplies Needed:
  •     Pearls (I bought a bag of cheap pearls that are light weight, I thought about the more expensive               ones, but thought they might be too heavy for a baby.
  •  Crystal Beads (I used Swarovski Elements, 6mm Rondelle)
  •  2 Lobster Claws, small (I used silver but you can use whichever color you would like)
  •  3 Jump Rings (I used silver but you can use whichever color you would like)
  •  5 Crimp Beads
  •   1 Any Clip that can be used to clip onto a onsie and to Hair. It should have a small hole to be able         to clip the Lobster Claw to it. (I used an alligator clip and attached a jump ring to it)
  •  1 Decorative Flower or Hair Piece.
  •  .3mm coated beading wire
  •  Pacifier with a security handle, Clear (I prefer Philips AVENT Translucent Pacifiers)

 Directions: 

Bracelet
1. Cut enough wire for a small bracelet (7-8 inches), string a jump ring then a crimp bead.
2. Pull the wire end back through the crimp ring and crimp.
3. String 30 pearls, crimp bead, and lobster claw.
4. Pull Wire back through the crimp bead and crimp.
This makes your bracelet and the part that will go through the security handle on the pacifier. I did not have a handled pacifier for the pictures.

Necklace
  1.          Cut a 15-16 inch piece of wire, string a jump ring then a crimp bead.
  2.      Pull the wire end back through the crimp ring and crimp.
  3.          String 10 pearls, 1 crystal, 10 pearls, (repeat until you have 60 pearls) crimp bead, and lobster claw.
  4.      Pull Wire back through the crimp bead and crimp.

This makes your necklace and the leash that connects the pacifier to flower. I did not have a handled pacifier for the pictures.

Flower
      Glue a clip onto the back of your flower.

Put it all together:

To attach the bracelet to necklace, make the circle with the bracelet, connect the jump ring end of the necklace to the lobster claw and jump ring connection on the bracelet. Then, attach the lobster claw from the necklace to the clip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment