Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Niles Scrap Addicts & Page Layout Challenge

Since we started the new Facebook page Niles Scrap Addicts, I have thought about a challenge to keep us creative and crafting. Then I started to think about our last retreat where we each started to think about making an album about us. Not just pictures we take but of who we are and what we like.

Every other week I will have a challenge on here encouraging you to make a page about you. I’ll give you the page theme. The in between weeks, I will have a layout idea for you that you can use to make the page.

Since I use Close To My Heart’s layout books, I will make sure to reference the book and layout. However, this first one I don’t have a reference for. I was shown it at a retreat earlier this year and I love it!

All you need is your base cardstock ( I normally used white or cream) 1 piece solid cardstock and one piece of patterned paper to make this double page layout.

Cut your solid cardstock: 3 ½” x 12” (twice) and 1 ½” x 12” (twice)
Cut your patterned paper: 2 ½” x 10 ½” (twice) and 1” x 12” (twice)

Place the 3 ½ x 12 up to the bottom of both pages.
Place the 1 ½ x 12 up to the top of both pages.
Place the 2 1/2 x 10 ½ to the right edge of page 1 a 1/2” from the bottom of the page, on page 2, line it up to the left edge a ½” from the top of the page.
Place the 2 1/2 x 10 ½ to the right edge of page 1 a 1/2” from the bottom of the page, on page 2, line it up to the left edge a ½” from the top of the page.


From here, you can ad whatever size pictures and however many pictures you want, some embellishments and a title. You can also turn the layout to make it alittle different. Below are a few pages I have completed with this layout



Your challenge this week is to use this layout with pictures. You choose the sizes, the colors etc. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment