Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy New Years!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years. Ours went MUCH better this year (no relatives in the hospital and my husband didn't break his leg again this year on Christmas Eve)
It's been alittle while since I've written on here. I haven't been able to work on any projects yet this year thanks to the great michigan weather. The last two weekends that I was packed up and ready to go scrapbooking, we have gotten too much snow to be able to leave.

I have been patiently waiting on my husband to finish my scrapbooking room in the basement. Since we bought the house in July, there have been a few other rooms that were more important to finsh and work on. But i'm getting impatient since it is winter and i'm stuck in the house alot. (I'm not a person who likes the cold weather).
I have been working on gathering my favorite layout ideas and card layouts and getting sketches of cards that i want to make. Along with lists of what I need to cut out on my cricut and with my Design Studio. I also have been putting page ideas together for an up-coming baby album that I will be making to send to much cousin. This will be my first no-picture album. It is definatley not an easy task to do without pictures. Especially since I'm not a mom. I did a 8x8 "My first year" Album for my nephew but I have all the pictures for that album.
I am excited about going to my first Scrapbooking Retreat in February!! That is why i'm trying to get my layouts for the baby album ready. I don't want to run out of things to do at the crop (like my friends will let me, they are always giving me ideas on things to create).

Also, I'm excited to try some of the new products I got for Christmas. My wonderful husband gave my scrap-mom money and had her fill my stocking!!! She put alot of new Tim Holtz products including some adirondack alcohol inks that i'm ready to try using!


Since I don't have any new projects to add right now (a few will be coming later this week), i'm posting some home decor/ cricuting that I have used while decorating our new home. The wording was made from white vinyl. The Butterfly and Kanji stencils were made by cutting out contact paper (much cheaper stencils then vinyl and they worh just the same).








Butterfly How-to:
Since the Butterflies are done in pink and I used brown as my border color. This is done backwards from normal stenciling.
1. Tape off your border area.
2. Roll on a coat of the lightest color (in my case pink). Let dry.
3. Stick stencils where you want them. (USE THE ACTUAL CUTOUT IMAGE)
4. Roll on a coat of your main color to cover all your boarder area. Let dry. Add extra coat if needed.
5. Remove taped edges and stencils.
*** My bathroom is not a smooth surface so the edges were not crisp and clean. Use a small paint brush to make the edges crisper or leave for a different effect. Non-Smooth areas are not easy to do but is possible with extra time and care.

Here are a few pictures of the other rooms that I have gotten painted. The Playroom will eventually have a Giraffe and Tree when my mother has a chance to draw it out and paint it (she's the drawer in the family not me.) I love the colors I have choosen. NO WHITE WALLS is my theme =) The next room is the Kitchen which will be done in the spring I don't like the Red/Green PLAID wallpaper but it was liveable when we moved in. Keep checking back for more updated rooms as we keep working on the house scrapbooking room should be the next pictures posted....hopefully before next winter. Just gotta get my husband back to work fulltime to have the extra money to get it done. Little by little its getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment